How does Invisalign Work: Ultimate Guide For 2022
Do you avoid smiling because of your misaligned teeth? Are you looking for a discreet way to realign your teeth? Then, Invisalign could be the right option for you. These clear aligners are custom-made from flexible plastic to fit perfectly over your teeth and straighten them.
They are a great alternative to traditional braces, and you won’t have a mouth full of metal to hide, but to know more about them and how they work, you will first need to understand what dental problems they can treat.
Who is a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Many people think that these clear trays only correct the alignment of your teeth, but they can also be used for:
- Gaps between teeth
- Open bite
- Misaligned teeth
Who is Not a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Although Invisalign can be used in many circumstances, there are certain cases where it will not be effective:
- Suppose you have severe misalignment, especially if multiple extractions are required. If this is the case, traditional braces will be a better choice.
- Suppose you have tooth decay or gum disease. Tooth realignment treatments can make it difficult to practice good oral hygiene, and should you require to have any cavities filled during your treatment, and it can affect the fit of the aligners, which could impact your final results.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign is a less mysterious and quicker way to straighten your teeth than other treatments.
They are detachable, which means you can take them out when eating and when you need to clean your teeth, but you will still need to wear them while sleeping.
Here is how it works:
- Your first appointment will include evaluating your teeth and discussing your treatment plan and how long it will take.
- Digital scans are taken of your teeth, and your jaw will be X-rayed.
- A cast of your teeth will be made and sent to a lab where your custom-fit trays will be manufactured.
- You will be called back once your trays are ready. The dentist will fit your new aligners and will need to ensure they are tight enough to straighten your teeth.
- You will need to get used to your trays as they will be uncomfortable for the first few days, and you should feel some pressure on your teeth. Your aligners need to be worn day and night for approximately 18 months.
- Check-ups with your dentist are essential to ensure that your trays fit properly and to have a new set placed every 7 or 14 days which helps gradually move your teeth.
- It is common to wear a retainer after your treatment to prevent your teeth from moving back.
It is essential to follow the guidance given to you by your orthodontist as any setback, however minor, can affect your progress, and you will have to start all over again.
The great thing about Invisalign is that it starts working immediately, making your turnaround time much faster than braces.
Read More: What Is Invisalign? How Does It Work, Pros, Cons, and Price
How Long will I need to wear Invisalign?
Unfortunately, there is no set answer to this question. It will vary from person to person, depending on what needs to be done and how severe your alignment is.
However, you will see a difference in the first few weeks.
Some patients have straight teeth in just six months, but others might need a little longer. Generally, these trays need to be worn for 18 months.
Is Invisalign Effective?
Yes, it is very effective and is an excellent treatment for adults and teens.
As the trays are made of clear plastic, they are invisible. As a result, it is quickly becoming the most popular alignment treatment.
With innovations being made every day and new technology, these aligners are suitable for almost every person, adult or teen. They can fix practically any alignment problem without affecting your life in a big way. But, of course, you should wear your trays for 20-22 hours a day for maximum efficiency.
While Invisalign is wildly popular, traditional braces might be a better option in some cases. They are more forceful at shifting your teeth. There is an option to temporarily correct these issues with conventional braces and then move to Invisalign.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Invisalign
To make a more informed decision on Invisalign; here is a list of advantages and disadvantages:
- They can be taken out.
Unlike traditional braces, these trays can be removed for eating and drinking.
They are made from clear, flexible plastic to ensure discretion.
- Low maintenance
They can be removed, making cleaning more accessible and hygienic.
- Less chance of emergency dental care
As they do not have metal wires and brackets, there is less chance that you will have to rush off to your dentist’s office.
At AstaDent Clinic Turkey, we have highly skilled Dentists in the Dental treatments field. In addition to the experienced medical crew and the clinic is equipped with advanced technologies. Click here to get an appointment for a free consultation.
- Not practical for more severe misalignment issues
They cannot correct complex misalignment issues the way traditional braces can.
Because you can remove these trays, it is common to forget to put them back in your mouth, which can cause a setback in your treatment.
- You can’t eat hard foods like ice, apples, and candy.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Generally, Invisalign costs around $5,000; however, this price will vary depending on the severity of your teeth, and the patient needs other treatments to be done before getting your trays. The length of your treatment will also determine the cost, as this will increase your dental visits.
Check with your dental insurer to see if they cover the procedure as it is roughly the same price as braces.
Another option is to check with your dentist to see if they offer payment plans for this treatment or approach a third-party financer.
Invisalign is an effective and popular tooth straightening treatment. However, if you don’t want a mouth full of metal, these trays are the right option.
Always consult with your specialist to ensure they are the right option for you, how much they will cost, and how long the treatment will take.
Contact Us Today
Lastly, if you need to know more about this procedure or have more questions about other procedures, we offer a free consultation on WhatsApp or Fill out The Form Here.
AstaDent Clinic Turkey offers high-quality, specialized, and affordable dental treatment services. Visit Our full article about Braces Department, or go back to the Blog.