Table of Contents
Veneers Vs. Crowns A Full Overview
Do you have damaged or stained teeth? Are you unsure about which procedure to get? Then, you have come to the right place where you will find all the information you need to know about Veneers vs. Crowns.
These are both cosmetic dentistry procedures that enhance the aesthetics and function of your teeth. The most considerable distinction between the two is that crowns cover your whole tooth while veneers only cover the front of your teeth.
There are benefits and risks to each treatment, and to make the correct decision, you need to be well informed. Continue reading for all the facts you need to make the best choice for your unique needs.
Veneers are custom-made shells placed on the front of your teeth with an adhesive. They usually require minimal tooth preparation, leaving more of the natural tooth unscathed, thus making them less evasive than crowns.
The tooth enamel is shaved down by about 0.5 millimeters to provide a coarse surface, creating a solid bond for the veneer. Shaving the tooth can be pretty sensitive, so you are given a local anesthetic to alleviate any pain.
You might not be a great candidate if you have very little enamel left, as the veneers won’t be able to bond to your tooth correctly.
Once you arrange an appointment with your dentist, your path to an enhanced smile will begin:
- The dentist will inspect your mouth, and a mold will be made of your teeth. That will be taken to a lab for manufacturing, or your dentist might be able to create it in-office.
- Depending on how much of your tooth was shaved, temporary veneers might be required. However, these will only need to be worn for around 14 days while your permanent ones are made.
- Once your veneers have been manufactured, you will be scheduled for a second appointment where your permanent shells are attached with dental cement and hardened with a light.
Dental Crowns Explained
Dental Crowns are more elusive and require more of the tooth to be shaved or filed down to cover the whole tooth.
Before it is placed, your dentist will need to remove any tooth decay and build up any damaged teeth. That needs to be done to support the crown once placed. Anaesthetic will be given as this procedure can be painful.
At AstaDent Clinic Turkey, we have highly skilled Dentists in the Dental treatments field. In addition to the experienced medical crew and the clinic is equipped with advanced technologies. Click here to get an appointment for a free consultation.
How the Dental Crown is Placed
- A digital scan or mold will be taken of your tooth and sent to a lab to manufacture or made in-office.
- Your tooth will be shaved down, and a temporary crown will be placed while your permanent ones are being made.
- Once ready, your dentist will replace the temporary crowns with the permanent ones and attach them using dental cement.
Hollywood smile in turkey starts from £1600
Packages include all medical fees, accommodation, airport transfers, and personal host.
Crowns are best for:
- A tooth that requires a large filling
- A tooth that has had a root canal
- Fragile teeth
- Cracked teeth
Veneers are best for:
- Cosmetic purposes
- To fix misshapen teeth
- Discolored teeth
What are the Costs?
Both procedures can cost a pretty penny, and it is always best to check with your dental insurance whether they cover the treatment. Unfortunately, both options are considered cosmetic dentistry, so likely, it will not be covered, but there are rare occasions where you might get lucky.
The Cost of Dental Crowns
The amount you spend will depend on a few factors like material used, preparation, and the size of the tooth needing a crown.
Generally, they can cost anywhere from $1,000 – $3,500 per tooth. That will not include alternative treatments like core build-up or root canals that may be needed before your crown is manufactured.
Metal crowns are the most affordable, and you will spend a pretty penny on porcelain or ceramic options.
The Cost of Veneers
Veneers are also known as Hollywood smiles because of their association with celebrities. However, you will need to pay top dollar for this procedure; the cost of veneers can range from $925 – $2,500 per tooth.
Composite veneers prices are the most affordable material, and you will pay around $250 – $1,500 per tooth. Porcelain is a more natural-looking and durable option, but it will cost you those benefits as it is the most expensive material used for veneers.
The Pros and Cons
Advantages of Veneers
- Require minimal preparation as not as much tooth enamel needs to be shaved, preserving more of your natural tooth.
- As veneers are custom-made for a tight fit, tooth movement is minimal.
- They are easier on the eyes, as they blend in well with your natural teeth.
Disadvantages of Veneers
- Veneers are permanent, so there is no going back if you change your mind.
- They are expensive and more than likely not covered by dental insurance.
- As they do not cover the whole tooth, there is a higher risk of tooth decay.
- Although permanent, they need to be replaced every few years.
Advantages of Crowns
- There is a possibility that dental insurance may pay a small sum of the total price.
- As the whole tooth is covered, there is less risk of tooth decay.
- Crowns blend well as they look and feel just like your regular teeth.
- Easy to clean.
Disadvantages of Crowns
- A lot of your natural tooth needs to be shaved to place the crown.
- They can be damaged due to wear and tear.
- There could be pain and sensitivity initially, but it will eventually subside.
Read More: Veneers vs. Lumineers Which One is Better For Price and me
In the comparison of Veneers vs. Crowns, you can use both these options to enhance the appearance of your smile. Unfortunately, both of these treatments cost money, so you need to take good care of them if you go through with them.
Practicing good oral hygiene and staying away from hard, chewy foods are great ways to ensure your crowns or veneers have a long lifespan.
If you want aesthetically pleasing teeth, veneers would be the best option.
They can cover some instances of crooked teeth, chipped teeth, or misshapen teeth. Crowns are better if you have much decay, need a root canal, or break your teeth beyond repair.
Contact Us Today
Lastly, if you need to know more about Hollywood Smile In Turkey or have more questions about other procedures, we offer a free consultation on WhatsApp or Fill out The Form Here.
AstaDent Clinic Turkey offers high-quality, specialized, and affordable dental treatment services. Visit Our full article about Cosmetic Dentistry Department, or go back to the Blog.